This year in our homeschool, we’ve been studying plants in science class. I have been loving this subject, because it has given us lots of opportunities to get outside and enjoy God’s creation!
A few weeks ago, we went on a field trip to the Toledo Botanical Gardens in Toledo, Ohio. I wanted to share with you some photos and a few things I loved about it (and a few I didn’t).
A few other things I loved:
- Free admission AND free parking!
- Walkability: it was big enough to explore, but not so big that it would be exhausting for the kids to see it all.
- Beautiful and well-maintained.
A few things I didn’t:
- Lack of labeling on plants.
- Lack of educational or learning materials (the Cleveland Botanical Garden does this extraordinarily well, but I’ll post more about that later!)
To visit the Toledo Botanical Garden’s website, click here. There, you’ll find info on hours & directions if you want to visit.
Click here to see more Ohio Day Trip ideas!